Crossmeta product runs on Microsoft Windows NT based platform and is a collection of various file systems that is available in other UNIX style operating systems. The software is a combination of several kernel mode drivers and command line programs to manage them. The key components of Crossmeta include:
- VFS kernel driver (cxvfs)
- NFS kernel driver (cxnfs)
- Linux-EXT2 kernel driver (ext2fs)
- SGI-XFS kernel driver (xfs)
- Linux-Reiserfs kernel driver (reiserfs)
- CXVFS manager service
- NFS portmapd service
- NFS mountd service
- Command line programs
- System running Microsoft Windows operating system. This product runs on Microsoft Windows 2000, XP and 2003. Additional support added for Vista/Windows 2008 and Windows 7.
- Administrative privileges are required to install this product.
- The drive letter V: is unassigned and is free for Crossmeta.
- There are no other programs actively use TCP/UDP port number 111.